Sunday, August 2, 2009

Show Us Your Life ~ Wedding Day

This week at Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life is Show Us Your Wedding Party and Flowers...To Check out more beautiful wedding days visit http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2009/07/show-us-your-life-wedding-party-and.html. This would be a fantastic resource for bride to bes to get amazing ideas!

We were married on June 23,2007 at Birdville Baptist Church. I had lots of fun doing lots of research and finding things I loved and figuring out how to copy them or make them myself.


We wanted to be married in a very traditional church but also one that was meaningful to us. We were married in my grandfather's church and his grandad performed our ceremony!




Our colors were black, ivory, and shades of red and pink. I wanted my bridesmaids to feel comfortable in their dresses and be able to wear them again, if they wanted, so I asked them to choose a black long satin gown from David's Bridal. I loved how each girl's style and personality came through in their dress!


We were honored to have our family, childhood friends, and college roommates stand by our side on our special day!


The flowers we used were varying shades of pink, reds, and whites in roses, peonies, hydrangeas, calla lillies and stephanotis. Each bridesmaid carried a different color bouquet of roses and the bouquets cascaded to a lighter shade as they each entered. I had some peonies in my bouquet and they have continued to be my favorite flower! I had our florist add calla lillies to my maid of honor's bouquet to make it stand out and be a little more special. The guy's boutonnieres coordinated with the girl they walked down and my husband's was an ivory calla lilly and stephanotis. We used hydrangeas to adorn the aisle pews.






We also featured our monogram on many parts of the wedding, including our unity candle, programs, and a runner we made for the church. I really wanted a runner, but they are incredibly expensive, so I ordered canvas from a fabric store and painted it with my maid of honor. We ordered silk rose petals and it turned out so beautiful!




I also made the programs with the help of my mom, cousin, and husband! I designed them on the computer, and we printed and put them together ourselves. One of my favorite things in them was a description of how we met and knew each of our wedding party to make it more personal for our guests!


We made a slide show of our pictures growing up and dating years...We used "There is None Like You" by Shane and Shane" "Say You Will" by Justin Cofield Band.


The bridesmaids entered to an organist playing Eidelweiss and I walked down the aisle with my dad to the Bridal Processional played on an organ as well. During the ceremony my husband's aunt and cousin sang, "Household of Faith," an older song by Steve Green and my cousin sang and played the piano to, "Acres of Hope," by Shane and Shane.


It was such a perfect day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your diy ideas especially the runner!
I love your dress. Everyone looks so gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful day!