Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Walk Through Time

Last night I had the honor of attending one of my best friend's in high school wedding! Lacey and Brian were married on March 27th at 6:00 pm at A&M gardens in Azle, TX.
It was so so special to see one of my best friends united in marriage with an amazing man who makes her so happy!

When I walked into the bridal room tears came to my eyes because she was so radiant and breathtakingly beautiful! Lacey and I stood by each other's side during many challenging and wonderful times surviving high school and many more since. It tickles me to death to think about the times we layed in her room talking about boys, wondering what kind of guy we would marry some day, and imagining our wedding and to see the outcome today.

Lacey actually introduced Jason and I the summer before we left for Tech, so it was such a blessing for her to stand by my side on our wedding day.

The first time Lacey told me about Brian I knew there was something different about this guy from the sound in her voice, and after our next few conversations I told Jason that she would marry Brian (but I didn't tell her that at the time!)

We talked a few nights before her wedding. She called because she heard that old Garth Brooks song,"Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers," and we laughed at how thankful we were that we did not marry all of those silly boys in high school we had such big crushes on! I am so thankful that God's plan is bigger than my own and during those years when we were wondering he was preparing and molding such amazing men as Jason and Brian to be our husbands!

I can't wait to see the next chapter of their lives unfold as they begin their journey of married life! Congrats to the newlyweds!


JV Cheerleading Camp


Decade Dress Up Day Sophomore Year in High School


Senior Portraits


Graduation!













No comments: