Monday, August 11, 2008

A Fabulous End to Summer...

Although I'm not officially ready to admit that Summer is over until the first day of school, I am headed back to work on Wenesday. My amazing husband arranged to take this past Friday off of work and plan a wonderful day for the two of us to spend some quality time together before I started back off to work.

We slept in, and then he surprised me by taking me to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, La Madeleine! Yum! Then it was off to The Modern, the Fort Worth Museum of Modern Art...


We saw some really neat pieces there. We ended the afternoon with a trip to Coldstone Ice Cream, a craving we have both had for awhile. Cheesecake ice cream with hot fudge and strawberries...To die for! We got so spoiled having several in Lubbock, and the closest one is across town now. :-( Then we headed to Central Market. I had never been before so we had a good time roaming the store checking out all of the amazing and yummy products. While we were there we found a mix of spices they were cooking and decided to try it for dinner. So for dinner Jason made Tomato Basil Chipolte Chicken and Penne Pasta! It was a great day, and I felt so blessed to have such a thoughtful husband to plan it for me!
Saturday we celebrated Andrea and David's wedding in Dallas, which was beautiful and a family birthday!

And yesterday we went to Six Flags on the fly with my parents! My mom had free tickets. We had so much fun riding rides and seeing shows with them!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Your banner is SOOO cute!

What summer is ENDING?!?! I don't even want to think about work! That was so sweet of Jason to take off work. Sleeping in, eating ice-cream and riding roller coasters sound like the perfect way to end summer!