Saturday, July 5, 2008

A wonderful 4th!


July 4th, 2008

I had reminiced earlier in the day yesterday of many memories of past July 4th Independence days. My family used to get together on my dad's side, and cookout during the day, and then we would go watch fireworks over the Trinity River. All of the kids would climb on top of my uncle's van to watch the fireworks get the very best view! And then we would go back to my grandparents and have homemade ice cream, made from my great grandmother's ice cream maker, the kind you had to crank! And we would light sparklers in the back yard. (I was always a little leary of the sparklers.) However, those are some great memories!
Jason and I had joked this year, that we weren't sure we were going ot be able to top last year, where we watched the Macy's fireworks off the harbor in New York on our honeymoon. And while I can't say the wow factor was quite the same, as I sat holding my husband's hand, watching the fireworks, surrounded by both of our families I was reminded again how very blessed I am in life! It was amazing to me to think of how as I had sat in this very same place oh so long ago, God could forsee the amazing blessings he had in store for my life in my husband and our family!

No comments: