Thursday, April 22, 2010

How We Met

Kelly's Korner is doing "How We Met" how you met your spouse this week! I thought it would be fun to share! If you want to check out more cute stories here's the link:

Kelly's Korner ~ How We Met

Jason and I met through one of my best friends in high school Lacey, who was at the time his co-worker. He saw my picture in her wallet and thought I was the "most beautiful girl" in her wallet!



This is the picture that started it all!


Lacey told me about this cute, funny, smart guy, that loved kids that was going to Tech in the fall. She wanted me to meet him as a "friend." Jason came and met me at work one day. It took him half an hour walking around the shoe department at JC Penney's to get up the courage to come talk to me! But now he says it's the best decision he ever made!


Later that week we went to dinner with my friend. One week later we had our first date on July 31, 2003. We went to downtown Fort Worth to Razoo's for dinner. We decided to rent a movie, Daredevil, which turned out to be a horrible one! we finally turned it off, and instead we stayed up talking very late into the night!

We continued dating when we moved to Lubbock, and on October 7, 2003 Jason asked me to be his girlfriend sitting outside Daybreak coffee shop, and we made it official!

This is one of our first pictures together in December of 2007 at my college sorority semiformal...We look so young! Haha!




We got married 4 years later and will soon be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary in Maui! I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband and cherish every detail our love story, which God so beautifully created!


4 comments:

Erica said...

what a sweet couple you two are! i just love reading people's love stories, it's so encouraging!

Heather said...

Such a sweet couple you two are!! Loved the story, loved that he picked you out before he even met you !!

Shoshanah said...

Found your blog through Kelly's Korner and wanted to say hi! How funny that a picture in a wallet started your relationship. And I love that you still have a copy of that exact picture

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love story....Great pictures...
Happy Sunday. I have a few hours to blog hop ......so glad that I stopped here....Be sure and stop by and read about a miracle in our family....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/