"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:4-7
Thanksgiving...A day to be thankful.
In the last few years I have been challenging myself to be more thankful for the many blessings in my life. We take so many things for granted...big & little, and the day to day. I've tried to take some time as I drive to work each morning and thank God, for breath and life, and most of all eternal life. That no matter what I have faced in the past, in the coming day, or the future I have the promise of eternal life in Heaven with my Heavenly Father.
I thank him for my amazing husband he created for me, my family, my cousin who is truly a sister by heart, and friends who lift me up daily. I thank him for my job, which although has its days that are truly challenging I am so thankful to have a job in this economy where so many don't. And not just any job but a job He called me to where I can share my passion of dance which He gave me as well. A job that is a ministry for me to reach out to young girls, and hopefully touch their lives and make a difference in helping them to grow into strong young women.
I thank him for our home that we have been so blessed with in the past year.
So often we forget, myself included as we go about the rest of the day, how blessed we are, and so I am thankful this year for all this and much more.
Three years from November 21 my cousin and I were in an awful wreck, an experience that changed me as a person...It is hard to think back to what a hard day that was and all the hard times we've faced since then. But even in the shock and pain and the struggle we've faced, I am thankful for God's miracles, his strength, his truths brought to life, the courage he's given, the love and perfect peace he's passed on in the toughest moments since then, and how He has brought His glory from it all. I don't know that I'll ever be able to look back and be thankful for what happened, but my understanding is so small compared to his.
But through it all, I am thankful for his provision. And I am thankful for the future which he already knows...all that is to come in the coming year.
Thank you Lord.
What are you thankful for?
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am thankful for you. November 21, 2006 both of our lives were changed forever, but God put us in that car together for a reason. He has been forming and shaping our relationship for many years, so that in our hardest moments we would have each other to lean on. I am thankful that you were by my side that day, and that you have been there for me every step of the way.
Post a Comment