I can't believe it's 2009! We brought in the new year with some friends from college and had a wonderful time with the Purdue's!
College Friends reunited!
My hubby and I ringing in the new year!
Looking back we had such a wonderful year in 2008...full of many blessings and memories we'll cherish! So here's my top 10 list of 2008! (In somewhat chronological order...)
1. Our "niece" Kaytlyn and "nephew" Jackson's 1st birthday's so much fun!
2. Lots of precious babies being born! Luke Purdue, Alec DeFranco, Luke Cotten, and Rylee Mae Mills
3. One of my best friend's Lacey and Brian got engaged! Their wedding will definitely be a top 10 of 2009! We enjoyed many other weddings in 2008 of dear friends as well...Brad & Krystal, Jeremy & Katie, Meryl & Will, Ryan & Emily, Andrea & David, Christy & Clay
4. A new job for me as an Assistant Drill Team Director...I felt God call me to this my freshman year in college, and it was a long awaited answer to prayer!
5. Probably my best memory from 2008 this year, Celebrating our 1st Anniversary in San Antonio!
6. Mandy receiving her diploma from Texas Tech! I was so proud and happy for her!
7. Celebrating Jason's parents 30th Wedding anniversary, Jason's grandparent's 60th Wedding anniversary, and my parent's 32nd Wedding Anniversary!
8. Tech beats #1 Texas! We wrecked #1! Texas Tech continued on to be #2 in the nation! GO Raiders!
9. Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Carol of Lights with my family in Lubbock!
10. And embarking on our next big adventure as a married couple of House Hunting! I will keep you updated with details to come! Keep us in your prayers!
What will 2009 bring for us? We've yet to see what God has in store for us!
I was thinking last night of some goals I want to make for myself in 2009...
Spend more time with God
Spend more time with my husband...quality time, and praying with and for him
Spend more time with my family
Keep in touch more with my girlfriends
Be a better teacher and director
Entertain friends and family more...when we get our 1st house!
Keep a cleaner house while I'm working...It's always cleaner when I'm off! :-)
Not rush through life or feel constantly busy so much!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Happy New Year...2009 Here we come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great goals and lots of big memories from 2008. I just have this feeling that 2009 will be full of even more memorable moments for you and jason!
It was fun seeing the picture of you three girls from New Years.
I totally agree the breaks are much easier to keep the house and everything in life in order!!! I've been trying to spend the extra 5 minutes at the moment to put things away...it has helped things not build up as much! :) Good Luck house hunting
House hunting! How fun!! Good luck!
Post a Comment