Thursday, April 24, 2008

Quick Update

It's been awhile since I wrote last...We are headed to San Antonio and Austin this weekend. Brad and Krystal are getting married in San Antonio at the Botanical Gardens on April 26th! We are so excited to share in the joy of their big day! I'm sure it will be beautiful...I will post pictures when we get back! Then we are headed back up to Austin to visit my cousins Jill and Scott, who just built a beautiful new home! Yea! Jason and I are excited to get away for a weekend!

We also decided that we are going to be going back to San Antonio later in the summer for our first anniversary for several days. We were debating between taking another big trip or staying closer to home. We decided to stay closer to home this year, because we are planning on buying a washer and dryer this summer, and are still saving to buy a house next summer! We think we are going to stay at the Hyatt Regency on the Riverwalk and try to get a room with a view of the Alamo. We stayed in a Hyatt here in Dallas on our wedding night and on part of our honeymoon in New York, and enjoyed amazing rooms both times! We have both been to San Antonio many times, but I've been looking for some ideas of different things to do there...and a nice, romantic restaurant to go to the night of our anniversary! Anybody have any suggestions???

Jason and I were talking tonight about eating the top of our wedding cake on our anniversary! I am somewhat leary as to how good something a year old will taste, but the people who made our cakes make a separate top, and package it especially so that you can freeze it, and it's supposed to be good a year later...I'm excited and hopeful! If anybody is getting married soon or needs a fancy cake I highly recommend The Cake Guys. They were awesome!

Also, I would really appreciate everyone's prayers this coming Monday...I can't really go into much more detail now, but they would be greatly appreciated!

Well, that is all for now...Any suggestions for San Antonio would be greatly welcomed, as well as any stories of first anniversary cake topper stories! :-)

1 comment:

Audrey said...

You and Jason should to The Landing!! It's a really amazing Jazz Club on the Riverwalk- it's very classy, and the music is great. You don't have to eat there, you can just go for a drink and to listen to the music if you want. I went there with my family after my graduation from college..and it seemed like it'd be a really romantic place to go. That is, if you like jazz music! Which I hope you do!! :) Otherwise, my other suggestion is take the little boat rides on the riverwalk, they are really fun, and also romantic! I did that with my boyfriend, and it was cute. The weather is typically really nice also, and they give you a history of some of the buildings on the Riverwalk. Have fun! Congrats on getting closer to your one year!